Nassau and Paradise Island together are one of our most popular destinations for a Caribbean wedding for several reasons.
- Easy to get to from anywhere in the USA
- Flight cost is low
- Couples-only resorts & resorts for all ages
- Sandals Royal Bahamian and the Riu Palace Paradise Island are great options
- The white sand and turquoise waters make a beautiful wedding backdrop
Getting married in the Bahamas is easy. Do a little paper work. Show up 2 days before. Say I do.
The information below is provided by the Bahamas tourist board. Please keep in mind the resort you choose will have slightly different restrictions and fees. For example, you can officially be married in the Bahamas 24 hours after you arrive, but most resorts make you wait 48 hours.
Unlike many countries, the Bahamas does not require a blood test before getting married.
- Wedding application
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
Find more details:
Bahamas tourist board: http://www.bahamas.com/weddings