All Inclusive Caribbean Wedding Planning Tips
The wedding tips below come from many years of helping brides and grooms plan their all inclusive wedding in the Caribbean. We hope these help and don’t forget that we are easy to reach if you need additional advice.
Caribbean Wedding Planning Tips
Listed below are some of our favorite all-inclusive Caribbean wedding tips. Please don’t hesitate to call or email if you have any questions!
- We only think it fair to warn the groom very early. It’s all about her! This applies to the adoring parents and close friends also.
- Many all-inclusive Caribbean resorts offer free wedding packages. Most have minimum stays required. Some have room category requirements. Most resorts usually have upgraded packages to choose from and you can also purchase extras a la carte, like photography and videography.
- If family and friends don’t come, most of our wedding couples will get photographs and videos made to take home and share. Brides and Grooms share with us often that their welcome home reception was a blast! Receptions are easier to enjoy when you haven’t just gone through the stress of a modern wedding ceremony. And don’t forget- a welcome home reception is a great way to make sure you don’t miss out on a very important wedding tradition, GIFTS!
- Get married on a Friday or Saturday if you want guests to attend. This way, guests can get 3 night packages, Thursday to Sunday, or Friday to Monday. This is much easier for guests to schedule on their calendar.
- Get married on a Tuesday or Wednesday, if you want to get your family and friends the cheapest 3 night package. Most guests prefer to pay a little more and not have to take a whole week off work.
- Don’t worry too much about making everyone happy with your resort and destination choice. You just can’t do it. Make sure you choose a place that you’ll be happy with- you’re the one getting married! Let those who want to come, come. Don’t be upset with those that choose not to come.
- If you want a big group to come, plan early, at least 1 to 2 years pre-planning will result in a larger group.
- Catholic and Jewish weddings can be arranged. The Church will add many extra requirements to the planning stage and you will incur additional fees.
- You may bring your own Minister or Church Leader or have a guest speaker, but the ceremony must be performed by a local licensed official.
- Consider moving to another resort after the wedding if you’re having a large group. This will insure that you get some private honeymoon time. Often times guest will stay for a full week or more.
- There is no official dress code. Brides and Grooms can chose anything from traditional gowns and tuxedos to bathing suits. Having said that, please bear in mind that different destinations and different resorts will vary on their wedding attire requirements.
- Tuxedo Rentals are available on most islands, but we don’t recommend spending a half day to 2 half days of your vacation at the tuxedo shop.
- Stay away from Black Wool Tuxedos, which were not designed to be worn in the Caribbean.
- High Heels don’t do well in the sand!
- Most resorts offer locations on the beach, wedding gazebos with the ocean in the background, and beautiful garden locations. The wedding coordinators let you choose once you arrive and do your own inspection.
- You may bring your own music.
- You are welcome to take personal photographs and video footage. Most resorts will not allow you to bring your own professional photographer or videographer since they have their own on property. If they do, this usually includes a surcharge.
- Sunscreen! It’s easy to forget sunscreen when you’re getting dressed up, but please don’t.
- Hydrate- water is your friend!
I know we mentioned this above, but this tip is worth repeating: If you have a group, not everyone will think you made a perfect choice. Please pick a resort that YOU will be happy with. Everything else will work itself out.
Top All Inclusive Wedding Resorts
Couples Swept Away
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Sandals Ochi Beach Club
Sandals South Coast
Cancun & Riviera Maya
Dreams Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
El Dorado Maroma
Hard Rock Riviera Maya
Hard Rock Punta Cana
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Sandals Grande St Lucian
Turks & Caicos
Beaches Turks and Caicos
Sandals Royal Bahamian
Sandals Grande Antigua