The Riviera Maya is a very popular area south of Cancun ideal for a Caribbean wedding.
- Adults-only, couples-only & resorts for all ages
- Resort prices are a great value
- The variety and quality of all inclusive resorts is unmatched in the Caribbean
- 81 miles of coastline, resorts are spacious and spread out
- Great golf and close to Mayan ruins
Getting married in the Riviera Maya is not so easy if you want to do a legal ceremony. Symbolic ceremonies are very easy. Just show up 2 days before. Say I do.
The information below is provided by the tourist board of Mexico. Please keep in mind the resort you choose will have slightly different restrictions and fees. For example, you can officially be married in Cancun 3 days after you arrive (legal), but most resorts make you wait longer.
- Marriage request form
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Blood tests
- Both passports
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
All documents except the passports, must be apostilled by your state. Birth certificates must be translated into Spanish.
Find more details:
Mexico tourist board: http://www.visitmexico.com/en/weddings/legal-requirements-to-get-married-in-mexico